Monday 16 November 2015


 A message from Pam Walker from New Zealand!


I have linked Jackson's Row to the other side of the world!
On Shabbat 14th November I joined the Wellington Temple Sinai congregation for their service. I was made most welcome by JoEllen Duckor, following Rabbi Silverman giving me her details. 





The congregation meet in a typical Wellington house building. Inside is very small and inviting. The bimah is bordered on each side by two beautiful stained glass windows. The Shul is very well equipped with kitchen,library and seating area.

I was pleasantly surprised and delighted to be present at a bar mitzvah. A loving father presented his son with his tallit and they both performed the service together. It was very moving.I was invited to the bar mitzvah kiddush - it was delicious!

The congregation is very involved in the running of the Shul, and I met so many lovely and welcoming people. Some from Glasgow. A few even know Jacksons Row!

The congregation do a lot of fund raising to maintain a rabbi and it is clearly a very close and friendly congregation. They have a tree of life, adding memories and leaves all the time. I would love for us to have one at JR.

I just want to thank rabbi Silverman for putting me in touch with JoEllen. I was having my Shabbat service as everyone at home was enjoying erev shabbat. I was thinking of you all!


Pam